Big black cat sighting

Might want to contact the Discovery Channel then. Their "experts" said on the show that the cat exhibited characteristics that are very similar to the mountain lion. The animal in the video was not large enough to be a jaguar and was too large to be an ordinary house cat. Unless someone has finally unleashed the chupacabra, something else is out there.

I will try and find the episode for you.

oh, sorry about that...it was just my little boy, Chico Peep...

6deb996b62ba__1263773267000.jpg

You must've seen him in the dark.

He's back home now, so you're safe.

4cb60d6db1f0.jpg

big_smile.png

On the Discovery program it is not cougars, they have evidence that it is actually leopards coming back from Mexico.
They used to be found in the south west but were "irradicated". They have trapped two breeding females and one juvenile male I believe.

Quote:
Well, if you ask the "officials" there are not any mountain lions of ANY color that live in Arkansas, but I've seen the tracks myself and I know a guy who met one on his hunting land in broad daylight so don't tell me it was a big Lab dog or a bobcat in the "shadows" coz he was eatin lunch on his tailgate when it walked across the road in front of him!!!!

I'm a whole lot more inclined to believe Robert who works for Koppers than anybdoy who works for the government.
tongue.png

Quote:
You are a goof
lol.png
My cat Romeo looks just like your Peep, and also loves to cuddle with my dogs. He's not normal, definitely weird and sinister. Maybe I better check and make sure that he's not been sneaking off to the Midwest while we sleep and scaring everyone.

I guess someone could google it but I am sure there was an article on someone shooting a very dark brown cougar?
The cats we have seen around for YEARS are black though. I remember the first time one of the family members saw one, actually two, she was on a walk back to the pond and there were two drinking out of it.
As for what we saw this week, I know what a cat looks like compared to a dog and that was no lab. It also wasnt seen from far away, it was right up among the houses.
Plus the pawprints were CAT not dog.
Deb!!! LOL!!!!!

Last edited:
Jaguars do occur in Arizona and probably Texas, New Mexico and California also. I would not doubt that they have moved farther north. Game and fish captured one and put a radio collar on it. They released it and then for some reason recaptured it. Then they put it down because they thought it had kidney problems.

Now the federal government has questions about how and why the critter was killed. Moral of the story, if you see one of these things deny you ever saw it. What ever you do, don't kill it. These things are nothing but trouble.

Rufus

Wow this is strange, I live in Mass, and I saw a big black cat too. I am not familiar with cats, but I know this thing is bigger than my 23 pound dog, with pointy ears and green green glowing eyes. It scared the Heck out of me. I don't know what yours looked like and mine could just be a darn house cat. lol I just never seen one so big. That thing is taller and weighs more than my dog! lol Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom