Big huge spider on me last night!!!

O.K. - I can probably top all stories. I had a BAT on my hand the other night while I slept. Yep, a real live bat. This old home is infested with them but they normally stay outside. Occasionally one will get in the house and since they are Federally protected, we ever so nicely ask it go back outside where it belongs.
smile.png

Anyway, last week I'm sleeping and feel something warm and fuzzy on my hand. My hand was on top of the covers where I hold them up to my neck, under my chin. At first I thought it was our little dog who sleeps with us then I realized she wasn't in the bedroom. I knew right away it was a bat. I threw the covers back over it and got up, turned on the light, got a couple of plastic cups and gently turned the covers back and sure enough - cute, fuzzy, little Federally protected bat. I ever so gently scooped him up in the cups and took him outside and put him on the porch so he could rejoin his family.

Disclaimer: no bats were harmed in this story.

Ugh I dont like bats but I can sleep if theres one in the house. I cant sleep if I think there is a bug ANYWHERE. I laid down the other night without checking my pillow and about 30 seconds later something was frantically wriggling and crawling around in my hair against my cheek! I didnt ever see what it was but it felt about 1/2 inch long in my hand when I flung it against the wall...ugh!

EWWWWW!!!
lau.gif
When I lived in Florida, I swear there were some of those things that were as big as my hand! Talk about nasty!!! One time, I saw one lurking on the side of the bathtub. I grabbed a shoe and smacked it, and it looked like it exploded! I didn't know that those white things they have on some of them were egg sacks! When I smacked that spider the egg sac tore open, and a few hundred baby spiders took off running!
hide.gif
First time I saw one of those monster spiders, I'm surprised I didn't wet myself!
I have never had one ON ME though, that would have totally freaked me out!
hide.gif

Well, I'm still up!! Sitting here not wanting to go to bed, we sprayed the whole house really good, but still, I'm sure there is something in my bed.
hide.gif

I think this thread jinxed me!!
he.gif

I was sitting here on my bed, trying to study, when I see something from the corner of my eye come on the bed from by the wall.....YEP, a wolf spider!!
hide.gif
This one was not all that big, maybe a 50 cent piece around, counting legs, but it was still ON MY BED!!!
barnie.gif
I killed it, though I had to find a flashlight. It is floating in the toilet
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom