Big snow storm!

My blessings this morning to those digging out from the storm and who may have lost power. May your troubles be few.
Thanks Carcajou, so far your prayers have been answered.

Wind starting to kick up again. A little over two feet of snow, drifts up to a meter or so. After I strapped on my snowshoes and checked the chimney, I have remained indoors. (Got a virus. Yuck.) Woodstove is warm. Getting sunnier. Ducks bored. I invited them outside, and they demurred.

The bigger problem we have is that it won't stay where we put it.
hmm.png

What a white, windy mess! We've got 16" in our lowest spots. My husband's been working on and off since 3:30AM and has barely made a dent. We have a driveway and a road to plow before we even get to the main road, and he's only gotten halfway through the driveway...
th.gif
He DID, though, make sure to shovel off the roof of the duck house first thing, before he started on the driveway. My hero!
hugs.gif
I keep peeking out toward the duck house (gotta love binoculars!), but I'm not seeing much activity. Everyone's in the duck house, which is REALLY weird, especially for the Muscovies. *chuckle* We're going to have to shovel paths for them to be able to get to food and water, when we get out there. Speaking of which... *sigh* ... Here I go...
tongue.gif

Thinking of everyone and sending warm, safe thoughts.
We just finished taking care of all here. I'd say we've got a foot of the nasty stuff where it's not drifting. I hear you about the road and driveway.....same here but husband's not sure if it's even worth it to tackle it today. He's working tonight but thinks he can get out alright without plowing. Stay safe! Another 4-6 coming and more wind.

We just finished taking care of all here. I'd say we've got a foot of the nasty stuff where it's not drifting. I hear you about the road and driveway.....same here but husband's not sure if it's even worth it to tackle it today. He's working tonight but thinks he can get out alright without plowing. Stay safe! Another 4-6 coming and more wind.

Good luck to you guys, too! Our tractor with plow wasn't tough enough to get the job done. My husband ended up flagging down a guy with a truck plow and paid him to give our road a quick plow. We couldn't offer him much, but yay for Mainers and their helpful spirit! My husband was all in a panic about getting to work today of all days. He recently got promoted, and although he's been filling the position for the past month, today was his first official day.

Good luck to you guys, too! Our tractor with plow wasn't tough enough to get the job done. My husband ended up flagging down a guy with a truck plow and paid him to give our road a quick plow. We couldn't offer him much, but yay for Mainers and their helpful spirit! My husband was all in a panic about getting to work today of all days. He recently got promoted, and although he's been filling the position for the past month, today was his first official day.
Wow...he is going to be one tired guy when he gets home. Full sized tractor or garden tractor? Reason I ask is I used to do our half mile of road and 2 driveways, another half mile between them, with a 25 hp garden tractor, lol. I have snowblower for it but man, was that cold! A day like today, with the wind, you end up with a face full of snow more often than not with the wind blowing it back at you.

Thanks Carcajou, so far your prayers have been answered.

Wind starting to kick up again. A little over two feet of snow, drifts up to a meter or so. After I strapped on my snowshoes and checked the chimney, I have remained indoors. (Got a virus. Yuck.) Woodstove is warm. Getting sunnier. Ducks bored. I invited them outside, and they demurred.

Hope the virus goes away soon. My woodstove is going also, such a great source of heat when we get those zero nights like tonight. Sounds like a chair by the woodstove with some chicken soup and hot tea might be good for you, especially if within earshot of your ducks! God bless.

Wow...he is going to be one tired guy when he gets home. Full sized tractor or garden tractor? Reason I ask is I used to do our half mile of road and 2 driveways, another half mile between them, with a 25 hp garden tractor, lol. I have snowblower for it but man, was that cold! A day like today, with the wind, you end up with a face full of snow more often than not with the wind blowing it back at you.

Ah, that invigorating facefull of snow with the wind freezing it to one's face.
hit.gif
Thank goodness for the warmth of the wood stove when we can get back inside.
clap.gif

Ah, that invigorating facefull of snow with the wind freezing it to one's face.
hit.gif
Thank goodness for the warmth of the wood stove when we can get back inside.
clap.gif
Lol, yeah so true! The day that sticks in my head was bad, as in seriously bad, like today. I was out alone and quite a ways from any place to take shelter. Froze my lungs good. Can we say smart? It was just as if I'd had the wind knocked out of me. I don't recommend it, lol.

Back
Top Bottom