Billy kid alpine goat panting and face-planting

Hi Cassie and Mystery chicken, took Morris to the vet. She said he has urinary crystals from too much grain. She noted he was panting (closed mouth) the entire time during the visit, so she thinks his panting is from stress. She did not have an explanation for the blue gums. His lungs sound good but she prescribed penicillin just in case. I mentioned white muscle, polio, lungworm, weak heart to her: she did not think any of these things were present but was willing to prescribe BoSe, do a fecal test for lungworm. I already got him the b complex gel for polio. Said he does not look overweight to her. This was a licensed vet at a state university. Thanks for all your ideas! I'm really glad I checked with this forum.

Hi everyone, just an update - I let Morris play and run with the other juveniles yesterday, and there was no panting at all. Normal breathing. So whatever it was that he got - B complex, penicillin, ammonium chloride - seems to have worked. Thank you all for the helpful suggestions!

Hi everyone, just an update - I let Morris play and run with the other juveniles yesterday, and there was no panting at all. Normal breathing. So whatever it was that he got - B complex, penicillin, ammonium chloride - seems to have worked. Thank you all for the helpful suggestions!
Great to hear!! Just be sure to give the full course of antibiotics. Sometimes people stop giving them when the patient improves. That is never a good idea. I am really glad your boy is better.

Back
Top Bottom