bird asleep in coop, might have gotten too cold

Ambient temperature changes can cause a rooster's comb to change colors. It's not uncommon to see, on a hot day, a rooster sporting a brilliant red comb as blood pulses through it, cooling before it moves back inside -- a very important trait for an animal who cannot sweat. Likewise, when the temperature drops, the comb may darken, as blood flow to the comb slows to retain heat in other parts of the body.

found this?
or dehydration or be an indicator of blood circulation issues resulting from a respiratory infection or even a heart problem.

This sounds like something other than being too cold, though the cold could wear down a bird that is already weak.

Is he asleep then? I hate to say it but is he breathing ok? Listen to him breathing... is it raspy? Also open his beak and have a sniff of his mouth.... is it smelly?
I don’t know. He ismoving his head around, and opens his eyes every so often (and will “chap his beak” for a lack of a better term). He is breathing normally, and he is awake enough that I may need some time to get my nose in his beak

I don’t know. He ismoving his head around, and opens his eyes every so often (and will “chap his beak” for a lack of a better term). He is breathing normally, and he is awake enough that I may need some time to get my nose in his beak
Not to be mean to your roo but I'd try to pry his beak open.... he won't like it but it won't kill him. I think this requires a vet visit for sure

Back
Top Bottom