Bird got the boot last night.....

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

X2
It is one thing to protect yourself but this was out of anger when the rooster did not attack, just got his hackles up. The rooster was smart enough to know that his behavior was inappropriate!
wink.png

Glad things are going better and Bird is back to his old self!

Quote:
IMO, if a man can't be happy unless he "controls and rules" those he loves, he's not much of a man. A man who is secure in his masculinity does NOT need to dominate others to show it.

Well I am not going to read all the posts but thought I would add my opinion. She is a woman not a chicken and Bird needs to learn that. I think that distancing yourself from the roo at this point would be a good thing to prevent the roo from thinking you are his woman, not your husbands. I am not one for booting an animal but if your husband was to continue to let the roo attack him because the roo thinks you are "his" it could be a very very bad thing. I know I will probably get flamed for saying that but its true when dealing with most male animals and how they bond with humans. The roo is avoiding you because your husband sent the message that you belong to your husband not the other way around and roo gets that.

Quote:
IMO, if a man can't be happy unless he "controls and rules" those he loves, he's not much of a man. A man who is secure in his masculinity does NOT need to dominate others to show it.

But its ok for the Roo to dominate the woman????

I'm with your husband on this one...the roo's action was an unprovoked sign of aggression towards your husband and needed nipped in the bud..and fast. A light lofting of the bird with the foot isn't going to hurt him, as you've found out, and will give him a much needed attitude adjustment about who is the human and who is the bird.

You made a pet of him, your husband just reversed the damage you did....kudos to your man!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom