Birds from Metzer farms arrived...

audy5000g

Songster
8 Years
Feb 6, 2013

A day late and one duck dead cause he was trampled by the geese. Ugh

Why do they ship them together?
1f914.png

Anyway hope no more die. They were all shivering.

Cute cute cute.

Last edited:
congrats on your new babies!

sorry you lost one...but they probably put them all together due to the number you ordered and wanting them to stay warm for their journey to you.

what breeds did you get? i have an order of 9 geese that ship out May 2nd and am excited for them

Thanks for sharing! for some reason i really enjoy the excitement of seeing ducklings and goslings arrive at their new homes.

good breeds was gonna get emden geese but none were available for the ship day i wanted so i'm getting 9 toulouse from Metzer's...they ship May 2nd

I so wanted to loose but I didn't want to wait till May. Now I'm jealous.

i really wanted Sebastopols but $129 and that only get you a pair...got the Toulouse cause you can get more girls like you can with the embden

did you get sexed goslings or just straight run? i'm etting 6 girls and 3 boys

Last edited:
Yippee… My husband said I could get a couple to talouse. But now I feel bad because really I don't necessarily need them I just want them.

I have a Sebestapool before and A talouse before from hatchery when I ordered only emdens.

I was completely new with geese and just thought oh I guess they're just different kind of emdems. Lol. Till the kids got to the fair and the judges said no these are not Emdens.
1f616.png

And what talouse actually took reserve Champion in the meat category. lol

When I called the hatchery to tell them. They said there is no way that that happened because they don't even sell those types of birds.
1f633.png

What's really funny is that happen again the next year. From the exact same hatchery. I don't remember what hatchery it is now .

Back
Top Bottom