Birdwatching Chat Thread

Pics
You have aptly summed up my feelings about mulberries. I despise them, but there are countless mulberry trees on my property. I have tried numerous ways of preparing them, but I just don't care for them. Or, for all the purple bird poop that accompanies the berries' arrival.
I only have a white mulberry tree; however, the black ones grow wild along the river in abundance.

We have a pair of Kingbirds nesting in our gutter! The past few days I've noticed one flying off the roof whenever I went outside, and I realized they have a nest. It's in the corner, so it shouldn't be a problem for drainage. I can't wait for baby birds! Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for wild bird's eggs to hatch?

According to the Birds of Iowa Field Guide, 16 to 18 days for an Eastern Kingbird.
Cool! I don't know if she's laid any eggs yet, but she's in there!
IMG_2145.JPG

We have a pair of Kingbirds nesting in our gutter! The past few days I've noticed one flying off the roof whenever I went outside, and I realized they have a nest. It's in the corner, so it shouldn't be a problem for drainage. I can't wait for baby birds! Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for wild bird's eggs to hatch?
Allaboutbirds.org says 12-19 days for incubation and 13-19 for the nesting period. How exciting!

Back
Top Bottom