Birdwatching Chat Thread

Pics
This thread looks fun!
Awesome! They're a lot more common then most people realize, just because of how secretive they are. If you learned their calls I bet you'd be hearing them almost every day.
We have Cuckoos here ALL THE TIME. I’ve seen two or three over the summertime. I hear one almost every day. They are certainly chatty! One bird I’ve only seen once is a Northern Flicker.

This thread looks fun!

We have Cuckoos here ALL THE TIME. I’ve seen two or three over the summertime. I hear one almost every day. They are certainly chatty! One bird I’ve only seen once is a Northern Flicker.
We have a bunch of Northern Flickers here. They're really beautiful, especially when they fly and you can see the yellow under their wings.

We have a bunch of Northern Flickers here. They're really beautiful, especially when they fly and you can see the yellow under their wings.
We've got the red ones over here. One got caught in our shop once, and I got an up-close look at it. He was really pretty! Don't worry, he got out fine.

Just a random question. Does anyone know if Killdeers can see at night? Last night, at around ten, I heard a couple of them crying, and it was pitch dark. I have before, too.
Yeah, they're often semi-nocturnal.
I thought they went to bed, like chickens. You don't go out at night and see sparrows hopping around. :p
True.
Interesting to note though, at this time of year (fall migration) songbirds prefer to migrate at night and stop and rest during the day.

Back
Top Bottom