Birdwatching Chat Thread

Pics
Saw some gooses yesterday! I'm kicking myself for not bringing my telephoto lens, but oh, well. It is what it is. I can identify the Canada geese and the white Chinese ones, but what is the other kind? Bonus points if you can figure out which one I mean. :lol: He (she?) was bigger than the Canadas. Sorry for the bad quality, I had to lighten them a lot to be able to see them clearly.
DSC00129.jpeg
DSC00130.jpeg

Saw some gooses yesterday! I'm kicking myself for not bringing my telephoto lens, but oh, well. It is what it is. I can identify the Canada geese and the white Chinese ones, but what is the other kind? Bonus points if you can figure out which one I mean. :lol: He (she?) was bigger than the Canadas. Sorry for the bad quality, I had to lighten them a lot to be able to see them clearly.
View attachment 3262144View attachment 3262145
It's a domestic-type Swan Goose (aka Chinese Goose).

I saw a Pinyon Jay yesterday! Unfortunately, it was through the window...and my camera battery was charging...long story short, no pictures. :( That's the second blue bird I've seen in the nearly five years we've lived here. Also, the red-wings are back! I've been hearing their song lately, from the direction of the river. I need to take a trip down there and see if I can see any.

I saw a Pinyon Jay yesterday! Unfortunately, it was through the window...and my camera battery was charging...long story short, no pictures. :( That's the second blue bird I've seen in the nearly five years we've lived here. Also, the red-wings are back! I've been hearing their song lately, from the direction of the river. I need to take a trip down there and see if I can see any.
Awesome!! I've tried to find those buggers every time we've gone out west but haven't seen one yet. I'll be living in Utah next school year though so that raises my chances considerably!

Awesome!! I've tried to find those buggers every time we've gone out west but haven't seen one yet. I'll be living in Utah next school year though so that raises my chances considerably!
I saw it for literally thirty seconds, then it was gone. It was hanging out with a bunch of Magpies, which was kinda odd.

Back
Top Bottom