Birdwatching Chat Thread

Yeah, but I got some good stuff too. Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Carolina Wren (used to be abundant at our place, but they seem to all have moved out. Very rare here now.) Indigo Bunting, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Northern Bobwhite, etc.
Lovely. Wish I had some of those around here.

Yeah but I am just about dying for a Black-headed Grosbeak right now so you aren't that bad off...
On the river yesterday, I only saw pelicans, herons, and geese. It was pretty boring. One of the people I floated with almost got pooped on by a pelican, though, which livened it up a bit. 😜

Yeah but I am just about dying for a Black-headed Grosbeak right now so you aren't that bad off...
I saw one of those this spring!
Usually I've loads and loads of evening grosbeaks, but no feeders this year with bird flu, so no grosbeaks.
The Evenings like sunflower seeds, but every Black Headed I've seen has been on suet.

I saw one of those this spring!
Usually I've loads and loads of evening grosbeaks, but no feeders this year with bird flu, so no grosbeaks.
The Evenings like sunflower seeds, but every Black Headed I've seen has been on suet.
Very interesting about the suet. I assumed they were big into black oil sunflower seed like Rose-breasted and Evening but maybe not! Or maybe yours are just weird. :gig

But wow, what a grosbeak combo!! I never thought about being able to see an Evening Grosbeak and a Black-headed at the same place before. That's awesome!

Back
Top Bottom