Birdwatching Chat Thread

Pics
Very interesting about the suet. I assumed they were big into black oil sunflower seed like Rose-breasted and Evening but maybe not! Or maybe yours are just weird. :gig

But wow, what a grosbeak combo!! I never thought about being able to see an Evening Grosbeak and a Black-headed at the same place before. That's awesome!
Usually so many Evening! The black headed are kind of rare.
Don't have rose-breasted though, and I've always wanted to see a blue!

Really!? Pictures please!
Only bad ones unfortunately. Here's my "best"...

Blue Grosbeak.JPG

The only Grosbeaks I have ever seen here are the Rose-Breasteds, which I think are gorgeous. Well, the males are; the females are easily overshadowed by their showy mates.
Man, I still can't believe I've only ever seen them once in my entire life!! We live in range, but somehow it seems like they just don't exist here! Which is really sad because they're a big favorite of mine. 😢

It feels like I'm talking to myself on this thread! Oh well, here's some bird pictures, self! I was oriole hunting again.
A Grosbeak:
View attachment 3188671
After I saw him, I thought, "Oh, no! That must have been the orange bird I was seeing, and there aren't really any Orioles!" And then:
View attachment 3188672
His wife:
View attachment 3188673View attachment 3188674
She's calling him!
View attachment 3188675
And he appears:
View attachment 3188676View attachment 3188677View attachment 3188678View attachment 3188679
How sweet. 🥰
I love your photos! Have the robins fledged yet?

Man, I still can't believe I've only ever seen them once in my entire life!! We live in range, but somehow it seems like they just don't exist here! Which is really sad because they're a big favorite of mine. 😢
Just depends on your area and habitat. It's crazy how bird vary from one neighborhood to another!

I love your photos! Have the robins fledged yet?
Yes, they flew their nest a month ago or so. I tried to take a picture of one of them, but I didn't have my camera. When I came back, it was gone. It's been nice to be able to walk by their tree without worrying about Mama Robin dive-bombing you. :p

Yes, they flew their nest a month ago or so. I tried to take a picture of one of them, but I didn't have my camera. When I came back, it was gone. It's been nice to be able to walk by their tree without worrying about Mama Robin dive-bombing you. :p
That is a nice benefit! The price we birdwatchers pay :p
I'm glad they fledged! It makes me proud to see them around, even though the real credit goes to Mom and Dad Robin :D

Back
Top Bottom