Black Ausralorp X White Leghorn?

Omg Tala! Thank you for posting the pics. Awesome!!
smile.png

Did your hens look like these guys when they were chicks? Looking at your hens, I'm thinking these ones will change color very little, if at all. Good to know the egg color. Do you find they lay as well as the WLeghorns?

Thanks
-Kyah

43709_chicks_010_medium.jpg

43709_chicks_009_medium.jpg

Seems like some got a few more dark spots as they got their adult feathers in (compared to when they were fuzzybutts)
they do seem like they lay very well, like their mamas do, and pretty big eggs for their young age

IMG_2313.JPG
My 4 month old is a leghorn mix and I've told it's likely mixed with Australorps. Does this look like one to you guys?

It seems to have the same flighty mindset as my pure leghorns (unfortunately)

I was told that anything x white leghorn would come out white with black spots. My RIR x WLeghorns did come out white with black spots.......
I think they're kinda ugly and kinda cute at the same time
tongue.png

I was also told that they should be good layers of light brown eggs (RIRxWL) but we have about 22 more weeks before I'll confirm that
lol.png
Hi, I realize this post is quite a few yrs old, but can you tell me how your RIRxWL cross birds egg production turned out? Thanks.

Thanks for the advice.
smile.png

Hopefully they will inherit australorp personality??

I sure hope so. The Australorps are so gentle and laid back, but the leghorns are still a little flighty, even though I spent a lot of time with them when they were small.

I'll go ahead then, and put the roo in with the leghorn hens. I am very curious to see what color the chicks turn out to be. White with black spots? (Giggle) Maybe they'll be dalmation chickens, lol.

Thanks again for the input ---- Maybe I can post some pics of the chicks when they hatch.....​
Here is an Austra-White advertised on MyPetChicken. Supposed, they are not as flighty as Leghorns but still good layers. I have four of them that are now 4-months old and just have a few splotches here and there like the pic below.

I would like to know how to tell the males from the females.

Austr-White-Hen.jpg

I have some roosters and a hen that came from Australorp black rooster over a isa brown hen and the hen came out with white with all black flecks we named her freckles the roosters cream white with bits of black and wings patches of brown. One with yellow legs and the other rooster and hen with Australorp coloured legs.

Back
Top Bottom