Black Australorp broodyness

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone has hoover hatchery Black Australorp and how broody do they tend to be. And any comments on black Australorp broodyness from other hatcherys also
Australorps do tend to get broody pretty easy. They are the only breed i've had to hatch a clutch and theres always one or two always in the nesting box trying to. broodyness is pretty easy to fix though.

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone has hoover hatchery Black Australorp and how broody do they tend to be. And any comments on black Australorp broodyness from other hatcherys also
I have an almost 4yo BA from Meyer Hatchery…goes broody multiple times a year and it’s hard breaking her. She sat on and raised 8 chicks at once beautifully. And her eggs are huge! She’s in my profile photo.

I have a black Australorp called Lillith and I’ve come to think of her as the archetypal mother. She has an indomitable will to brood and is an excellent mother. She will fly kick the other hens away from her chicks but she has never so much as pecked me even once. Based on my experiences with Lillith, if you want a broody hen then you could do much worse than a black Australorp.

Wildacres.ca breeds Australorps. Breeding 2 blues will give some Splash! This is one of mine. Lovely calm birds.

Attachments

• PXL_20210721_002815936.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210721_002815936.MP.jpg
    673.2 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom