Black australorp chick?

JoyMcW

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2023
Hey everyone! I received some chicks today from Hilltop farms. One unfortunately was dead. Two of the ones I ordered were a black australorp and also an olive egger. Can anyone else me identify this chick? It’s either the australorp or olive egger. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    617.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0164.jpeg
    IMG_0164.jpeg
    615.7 KB · Views: 17
Are you asking about the mostly-black chick that has white barring across the feathers? A Black Australorp would not have the white barring, so it must be your Olive Egger.

Possibly a female barred rock? There's a white headspot which is usually associated with males, but I think the white barring on wings isn't as much/as bright as if it were male. Also the headspot is small. Wait and see there.

This chick could be your olive egger, especially if it grows a head tuft (indicating cream crested legbar in the mix).

Are you asking about the mostly-black chick that has white barring across the feathers? A Black Australorp would not have the white barring, so it must be your Olive Egger.
Yes that’s the one I’m talking about. Was hoping it was the australorp but I think you’re right.

Possibly a female barred rock? There's a white headspot which is usually associated with males, but I think the white barring on wings isn't as much/as bright as if it were male. Also the headspot is small. Wait and see there.

This chick could be your olive egger, especially if it grows a head tuft (indicating cream crested legbar in the mix).
Thanks so much. I am definitely interested to see how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom