Black chickens with my order

chickyfunk

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2016
Suffolk
I orderered this year from multiple farms. But this year i got the wrong chicks/extra. My california whites where leghorns and some black chickens i have no clue about. Ive had so many different breeds and still do but this one is strange. I took one of the girls down to the local 'chicken whisperer' to identify it but were still baffaled.
Can someone tell me how to load picuters?
They are all black, feathers, skin, comb, everything. Theyre not laying yet. When the sun hits them theyre a gorgeous emerald and teal.
Thanks.

:welcome!

Could it be a sumatra? Also I'm not sure what country you're in, here in the US you'd never receive an ayam cemani or a svart hona in a hatchery order since hatcheries don't have them, but perhaps in Europe you might? I don't know.

To load pictures, either upload them to an outside site like Imgur and post a link here, or upload directly to BYC by clicking the picture that looks like a moon over mountains above the text editor and upload from there.

Last edited:
Im in suffolk. I looked up the sumatra, my girls dont have the red combs. I opened up their mouths, its black. I would not like to slaughter to to find out if the meat amd bones are black. Ill catch one tomorrow and and have my husband take multiple pictures.

Back
Top Bottom