Black comb and wattle? What is this?

Whaaaaaattt? Direct me to that hatchery!
A real Ayam Cemani?
They're definitely more common than they used to be, but still. :eek:
Don’t remember the name. At the time they had two roosters and a group of hens. She was an awesome bird. Unfortunately we lost all of my game birds in one night. That hatchery had some awesome birds. We bought a black Spanish white face there for twelve(?) dollars but my rooster freaking killed it. Not sad that rooster died.

I've had australorpes (spelling?) come in with that coloring. Green sheen on the feathers when the sun hits them. Processing them for the freezer finds their meat is NOT black, like the ayam cemani birds.
That’s interesting! Her skin IS black though. And she has feathered feet. I think that’s where we are all hung up. She’s got to be a cross I’m thinkin’ 🧐

I hatched two chicks from my Ayam Cemani hens. They both turned out to be solid black like a Cemani and look like Cemanis. But there’s a good chance the fathering roo was not one of the Cemani Roos that I have. If that’s the case, then the chicks have the fibro gene which basically has “overridden” red comb, wattles, skin, etc. I don’t know chimken genetics and terms!

If it has feathered feet, mom was probably Maran and dad could have been Svart Hona or Ayam Cemani.

Did the person you got them from seem fairly knowledgeable about the breeds she has? I’ve had people come to my house and think they know what breeds I have. Every single guess was wrong. And they were sure of themselves when naming off the breeds they thought they were.

I hatched two chicks from my Ayam Cemani hens. They both turned out to be solid black like a Cemani and look like Cemanis. But there’s a good chance the fathering roo was not one of the Cemani Roos that I have. If that’s the case, then the chicks have the fibro gene which basically has “overridden” red comb, wattles, skin, etc. I don’t know chimken genetics and terms!

If it has feathered feet, mom was probably Maran and dad could have been Svart Hona or Ayam Cemani.

Did the person you got them from seem fairly knowledgeable about the breeds she has? I’ve had people come to my house and think they know what breeds I have. Every single guess was wrong. And they were sure of themselves when naming off the breeds they thought they were.
That’s really good info!
So.......LOL.....the guy, yes it was a guy, I bought these two from was smoking a joint the entire time I was at the farm 😂😂😂 so he VERY well could have mixed up his breeds 🤣🤣🤣

Now I'm curious....what are the guesses and what are your breeds?

CD5E1977-5A31-4512-8770-DEBCB9A83D6C.jpeg

Not a Speckled Sussex.

26444903-5ECC-4369-BAA9-CCA4035ECABF.jpeg

Not a leghorn.

C3278F8E-B8F6-48D1-986C-55C4EC310D3E.jpeg

Not a Polish.

36485480-0CFB-449C-8542-87E57E9D66EA.jpeg

Can’t remember what she called her.

There were two others but can’t remember what she called them. Think it was the wheaten Maran and she swore it was some buff breed. Was more entertaining than anything.

Back
Top Bottom