Black copper Maran question

LorahS

Songster
Oct 20, 2020
Pacifica, CA
Hello! Do FBCM’s get puffy cheeks? I thought I had a pure breed, but she’s getting really puffy cheek feathers. Could she be a mix? I appreciate the thoughts!

This is the best pix I have presently, I’ll take some more tomorrow. 87344412-1BDF-44EA-B934-A82149A2A242.jpeg

Mine don't have cheek puffs. I don't think they're supposed to. I wonder if you have an olive egger who is half FBCM and half ameraucana/EE?
That’s what I’m wondering as well. But she’s got the light feathering on her legs and she’s starting to get some copper on her neck. But her cheeks have gotten super feathery this past week. She’s about 7 weeks.

Did she have puffy cheeks, beard as a chick? If not, then likely just her feathering coming in. You will know when she feathers in more.😊
Interesting, I guess I’ll see in time. She started getting the puffy cheeks about a week and a half ago. Very pronounced last few days. She doesn’t have a beard. Never did. Thanks Ladies and Jane!

Interesting, I guess I’ll see in time. She started getting the puffy cheeks about a week and a half ago. Very pronounced last few days. She doesn’t have a beard. Never did. Thanks Ladies and Jane!
You are welcome! Though, I just noticed her eye color. Marans have VERY orange eyes normally. She could be a mix. What color legs does she have? I can not tell in the photos.😊

Back
Top Bottom