Black Copper Marans discussion thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by geebs, Jan 26, 2011.

1. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Quote:My 3 girls are 25 weeks old tomorrow. I'm still waiting too ... [​IMG]

2. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Quote:My 3 girls are 25 weeks old tomorrow. I'm still waiting too ... [​IMG]

My 3 FBCM girls will be 26 weeks old this Saturday and I am still waiting. [​IMG] Their combs are getting bigger and redder ~ so maybe soon. [​IMG]

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Goodness, the waiting will drive you nuts, for sure! Hang in there!

4. marquisella

marquisella Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Quote:I'm hoping to have some in a month or so. Waiting for hens to kick in after molt. I'm near Oneida, NY.

5. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    I just made the choice to keep the girls from free ranging until the first egg/s. I figure IF for some reason they don't want to lay in the nest box, checking the coop and a 25x25ft run is SO much easier than several acres with lots of all grass and brush.

6. Country Chick

Country Chick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2011
    Gibsonia, PA
    Quote:I'm hoping to have some in a month or so. Waiting for hens to kick in after molt. I'm near Oneida, NY.

Thank you!! Are you willing to ship them? I live in Gibsonia, PA

7. marquisella

marquisella Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009

Thank you!! Are you willing to ship them? I live in Gibsonia, PA

Yes, I do ship. email me & I can give you more info.

8. teamsunbelt

teamsunbelt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Midland, NC
    Just to make sure, my Copper Maran should not have any coloring on the back to be a hen? I posted a picture a while back and he is now showing much copper down his back toward the tail. I was hoping for a hen, but one more roo will not do.

9. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Quote:That sounds like a roo. [​IMG] Pullets only have copper on the neck and maybe breast area. It kinda looked like I saw some saddle feathers in one pic but it is hard to tell from those pic and BTW how old?

10. teamsunbelt

teamsunbelt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Midland, NC
    Quote:That sounds like a roo. [​IMG] Pullets only have copper on the neck and maybe breast area. It kinda looked like I saw some saddle feathers in one pic but it is hard to tell from those pic and BTW how old?

Only quessing 12 - 14 weeks now. That picture is a little older. His back at that time had no color. It is now covered from base of tail to almost shoulders.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by