Black Friday Shopping...Who's Going and what are you shopping for?

I bet my dh will go out looking for electronics,tools,and whatever else he can use on the road. Me, I am shopping online and having things mailed to my home!

I avoid black friday like the plague!!!

#1: We no longer spend money on holiday gifts in the family (better to eat, drink and be merry!)
#2: I don't need anything.... (I do want a few things, but that can wait)!
#3: I worked Black Friday in Retail..... nuff said!
#4: I'll be out hunting!!!

Quote:
me too.
my boy gets 1 game (toy a year) the rest is stuff he has to have. If he does not like it get a job and buy for you self with your $ not mine!
at last he is a good boy with good grade and does all the house work so I can work with the animals. So 1 game he really wants is fine with me. He just better hope they have it when I get there as I will not fight,push and claw for anything.. Well maybe do battle with bidding for the breeds I really want from someone.
hide.gif

Quote:
That's so funny we started that this July when are son turned 16. He did the same thing (yeah what ever) He might just be 16 but is a JR in High School. When ever he will say something about I want. We say get a job and buy your wants. When he wines about it we firmly tell him 1 more year after this school year is out and your own your own. So better get a move on getting your own. "Yeah I know" is all is said after that. LOL

Well, I might be out just getting some gift certificates. I plan to spend less than $100.00 for everything. That's right, $100.00!!! No freakin IPods, IPads, Droids, whatever the heck the latest electronic gizmo is by then. I'm sick of this materialism crap that makes the kids think they deserve expensive stuff. If they want it, let them work for it. Okay, I'll step aside now.
duc.gif

I don't have anything that I need to shop for. I just go for the fun of it.

Matt, our oldest is out on his own and Christopher, our baby is 14. There is not a thing either of them need and they know it. Chris has asked for a big screen tv so I am thinking about the $200 one at Walmart and Matt is going to get the title to his Blazer we gave him when he was 16. Matt has finally matured enough to take on the reponsibility of owning it. He has been paying for the gas and insurance for years but we always felt like if we put it in his name, he would sell it for the first piece of shiny junk that came along.
hu.gif
He works in Winchester which is 70 miles round trip for him per day and he values and pays for all maintanence now.

I'm not sure if I am going or not. I am only looking for a few things and not any of the electronics etc. Some of the board games and the pajamas for the kids and its funny just watch the people go insane, still haven't figured out why they do that. I hope everyone that is going has an uneventful trip and gets what they want.

Karen

I have NEVER participated in black Friday. I care too much about my own sanity.

I also NEVER leave the house the day after Christmas.

I usually start collecting chocolate chips and other baking needs in October. Relative gifts are usually fudge and toffee. Not too expensive if you start collecting ingredients in the beginning of October.

Fortunately the gifts my chldren are usually wanting aren't the sale items anyway.

There is not enough money in the world to get me into a store, any store, on Black Friday. In fact, except to do the grocery shopping, you won't find me in the stores from now until the new year.

I'm buying my husband's three gifts online. The dogs gifts too. I'll be making my stepdaughters earrings for Christmas (order my supplies online) and ordering them something from a BYC seller. The son-in-laws gift will be on DH (I'd suggest a swift kick in the....nevermind). I'm sending my dad a food gift, along with a letter telling him how much I appreciate having him in my life.

I may have to slip into walmart to grab two gift cards for my great-nephews. We (my biological family) don't usually gift each other, but my sister is raising these boys by herself, so if I have the extra $$$ I'm gonna send them the cards.

Back
Top Bottom