Black Frizzle - Am I just paranoid?

kellykate

Songster
14 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Yarmouth, Maine
Not sure if I am just being paranoid... but this little Bantam Frizzle's comb has been peeking out more and more. She (wishful thinking) is just over 2 weeks old and is the only of my little group to even show the tiniest comb. She was a sexed Bantam from MPC --this I know isn't a perfect science!
wink.png

Are there any clues to watch for as chickens age to determine sex. I have a Campine as well who is getting a little suspicious. Obviously, no matter what I will wait for the crow or the egg. But I find I am getting more and more attached to these silly little chicks and the thought of giving one away is getting harder!! No roosters in this little backyard flock -- town rules
sad.png
Thanks for help!

23763_dscn3462.jpg

23763_dscn3461.jpg

I think it's still too early for you to tell, but keep an eye out for redness in the comb and face. I suspected that one of my sexed RIR pullets was a male, and sure enough...ROO! I'm pretty sure my beautiful little black Frizzle is a roo too, even though I keep telling "Fiona" what a pretty little girl she is
sad.png
roll.png

it's a cochin frizzle, it has feathered legs...
I would wait a couple more weeks.....I had one that had fast comb growth and it stopped, the only difference between her and the boys(for a while) were theirs were red
hmm.png

Yup "she" is a Bantam Cochin Frizzle! An absolute doll too. Very sweet, curious, outgoing. Holds her own in a group of standards --I am crossing my fingers that it is the same case as yours -- just growing a comb fast but still a pullet!!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom