Black Jersey Giant thread!!!!!

Pics
The hen behind him is a Jersey Giant hen that someone had advertised on Craigslist that I just got. They must have been hatchery stock because they were no where the size of mine. Then hen in the picture is a year and a half old. My rooster is a gentle giant. He has not once tried to attack me. I can go up to him and just pick him up. 
got two hens and one roo black jersey giant chick s from my pet chicken this year hopeing they get as big as they are supposed to be so far they are bigger than my cochin chicks of the same age . Are you sure she's not an australorpe have you checked the bottoms of her feet to see if they are yellow?

got two hens and one roo black jersey giant chick s from my pet chicken this year hopeing they get as big as they are supposed to be so far they are bigger than my cochin chicks of the same age . Are you sure she's not an australorpe have you checked the bottoms of her feet to see if they are yellow?

Have not checked the bottoms of their feet. Just got them 2 days ago.

I have two JG Roos one black ( Cogburn ) and one blue ( Cahill ). In this picture they are 8 weeks and huge. They are now 12 weeks old. We also have a huge white turkey we named Chuck Norris because Cahill being the same size as the turkey thought he was gonna be a bad ***** and puff up to the turkey one day and Chuck drop kicked him into the feed bowl lol he now keeps his distance. We have 30 Black JG hens that are 9 weeks old. in addition to all these we have one other turkey and two Guinea newly hatched 2 weeks ago, one lone Araucana hen 4 months old ( no eggs as of yet from her ), five RIR roos and a breeding pair of Serama. I ferment feed feed twice a day once in the early morning and again in the late evening. I live in Texas so at the hottest part of the day i mix homemade electrolytes into their water I also throw bottles of frozen water out for them to lay next to and spray their shade down with the hose, sometimes if it is crazy hot I toss out some frozen fruit and veggies.

Here is my JG rooster. He is about a year old and very docile. I had a very fiesty and aggressive bantam rooster and every time the bantam was agressive with me, it would never fail, blackberry my JG rooster would come to my aid. Lol. And would peck him away. He's my fav out of my flock. I have hatched 12 chicks from him. The chicks range from 1day to 3 weeks old. And there's more in the incubator. I have not had luck with the JG hen sitting on them. Even though she does go broody, she breaks the eggs. So that was not a good Idea. I hope to have a flock full of JG. I buy my JGs from a well established breeder who participates in shows and has won 1st with her JG rooster.

Blueberry the chick has his dad's personality. He's the only chick that runs up to me when I walk up to the chicks. And he will jump on my hand.

Back
Top Bottom