Black Sex Link Jersey Giants Eggs From Ebay Arrived.....Some Cracked!!!

rgvchicks

Songster
7 Years
Feb 1, 2012
Roma Texas
just got me 40 of them eggs on ebay....going to set on the 5th once everything is clean and ready to go on bator due on the 3rd....almost there...all exicited....see what happens on this batch.

Last edited:
ok...so i got my black sex link/black jersey giant eggs i bought on ebay.....out of the 40 eggs 7 were broken during transit so ended up with 33......i already set them on carton boxes fat side up to let them settle for at least 48 hrs which is i think will take my bator to hatch the eggs due tomorrow......today is day 20 and no sign of life to this hour 6pm....lets see what happens thruout the night.

so i candled for 1st time my remaining 33 black sex link / giant jersey mix i got from ebay......
somad.gif
.....50% of the remaining eggs were unfertiled or broken air sack......i bought 40 eggs on ebay minus 7 eggs broken thru transit equals = 33 eggs minus 50% of no good eggs = 18 eggs for $40 which makes $2.22 PER EGG.....now that's expensive.....lets see what happens on the 25th which is hatch date.......
fl.gif

so i candled for 1st time my remaining 33 black sex link / giant jersey mix i got from ebay......
somad.gif
.....50% of the remaining eggs were unfertiled or broken air sack......i bought 40 eggs on ebay minus 7 eggs broken thru transit equals = 33 eggs minus 50% of no good eggs = 18 eggs for $40 which makes $2.22 PER EGG.....now that's expensive.....lets see what happens on the 25th which is hatch date.......
fl.gif

at least some are good.

i orderd 8 eggs for 50 bucks once because they were a rare breed and they were only one state away.

well they came 4 were cracked.
the other 4 i put in the bator
some developed blood rings and the others were infertile
Not one hatched.
soo i dnt order eggs anymore. i never have luck with shipped eggs. i only get shipped eggs through trading.
i perfer to hatch my own.

good luck with the rest of urs!!

I know that hatching is fun, but I would rather buy what chicks I was wanting off of a hatchery, rather than risking the eggs being infertile, cracked, or just to jumbled up after shipping.

By the way, when you hatch eggs you get males and females, when you order them, you get what you want.

Although sometimes the hatcheries get some mixed up, you still have a better chance of getting what you want.

Back
Top Bottom