Black spot growing on duck egg in incubator hatching time

Truthfully, the hay was as much for my sanity as for helping the little guys. I was a wreck when they were trying to walk around the bator, crashing into eggs and rolling them into the corners. The stress was terrible! Ha ha

I can't wait to have more so I can try this method lol :) I just hatched out 5 muscovys 3 weeks ago so I have my hands full right now :D

Aliciahess try not to worry, just lock it down, stop turning and try not to check the bator every five minutes. The hardest thing is to pull yourself away from the bator. They will be fine! Good luck!

Rachele Anne, tell me about it! I have 3 3 week old ducklings and 14 week/almost week olds! Plus 6 Wyandotte chicks, 8 chickens, 6 3 1/2 week old jumbo Pekins, and 12 adult ducks...it never ends! Ha ha love them all dearly though:)

Wow that's alot lol I've just started .... I'm also only 18 living with my parents who didn't like the idea at first but I did a whole lot of work to make this happen and I pay for everything by my self I love animals so much and it's so amazing having them they.make me smile :D

Rachele that's awesome! Good for you! They have such cute little personalities, don't they? Be proud of yourself for the hard work and research you are doing. I only just joined this site, but It has been my go-to for questions and research about these wonderful animals! A lot of knowledgable people here to learn from and commiserate with about the joys and sometimes difficulties of raising and loving these little guys:) keep on!

Interesting! I honestly do not think I will do hay however, as I have a 1602N Hovabator with heating coils on the top. Id be too worried about a possible fire, especially with the incubator being in my room (teenage poultry enthusiast with few other places to put an incubator. Only real downfall is nights of screeching chicks and waking up to classes or work the next day...). I do however use a few layers of cheese cloth in the bottom of my incubator, helps reduce rolling, makes clean up easier, and makes for happy chicks. It will be a few months before I can conduct my experiments sadly, its is the dead of winter here right now!

Back
Top Bottom