Black spot growing on duck egg in incubator hatching time

OK...so its 8th day of hatching procedure of mu Muscovey and today when she went for a walk I see these black spots kind of thing from room camera zoom in.. I am not sure what this is bruise rotten egg or just a feather.. help to identify!

Attachments

• IMG_20210226_220045.jpg
    IMG_20210226_220045.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 11
Hi! Currently I am actually hatching 6 duck eggs, and these bruises on them are driving me crazy! I don't know what to do and constantly worry. They are currently on lockdown and I hope they hatch. :bow

Ok, that pic is really small and my eyes aren't working so good right now. Do the eggs kinda look like they have become "bruised" in spots? If so, I have hatched ducks twice now, and have had it happen both times. The first time, the baby died in the shell, but the second time it hatched and is perfectly fine. I'm not sure what causes this to happen, but I have a guess from my own observations. I think it maybe is a kind of "bruise". Both times it happened on mine, I found blood on the inside of the shell in a corresponding location to the dark spot outside - Like they had nicked a vein when trying to position or something.

Anyway, don't give up on your little guy yet. It could still hatch out just fine and be perfectly healthy. Good luck!
fl.gif

ETA: Sorry I JUST now saw this was posted 2 days ago. Are they hatched yet? How did it go?
Mine are doin tha same thing. I had 4 eggs in tha incubator one hatched Exactly on the 28 day but I have three still in there but two of them have bruises on the shell is that normal or what am I supposed to expect

Is this normal

Attachments

• BFB153B3-8295-41AE-93FC-13D2CEA37F5D.jpeg
    BFB153B3-8295-41AE-93FC-13D2CEA37F5D.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 7
  • F647144C-44CC-4FA8-8818-F3F3E63ADC1B.jpeg
    F647144C-44CC-4FA8-8818-F3F3E63ADC1B.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 7
Ok my update is those bruises were nothing and out of 12 11 eggs were hatched due to extreme weather only half survived but eggs were all fine and hatched safely.

Back
Top Bottom