Black spots in egg?

Pics
OK please don't say anything mean its well. Past day and all others hatched besides the one I knew it was time to help. The one I almost threw out is extremely late. Shouldn't have helped. Now I'm Here I have coconut oil on membrane. There are viens and the membrane is pulling down on her should I peel egg shell off and put coconut oil on the membrane so not stuck to her? Or just keep around beak which is out moist.

If there are blood vessels in the membrane, leave it. If the vessels are gone or if you have open spaces you can tear away, that’s ok to do. Just do not tear thru a blood vessel. Can you post a pic first?
You don't want to see I don't understand why this one is so far behind. I added coconut oil because water I couldn't see if there were viens still. I feel so stupid!!!

Attachments

• 20180711_092137.jpg
    20180711_092137.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 11
If there are blood vessels in the membrane, leave it. If the vessels are gone or if you have open spaces you can tear away, that’s ok to do. Just do not tear thru a blood vessel. Can you post a pic first?
Here is another picture u can see it pulling down on it.

Attachments

• 20180711_092142.jpg
    20180711_092142.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 13
You are doing fine!
Water dries too fast, so coconut oil or even Vaseline is better than water. Lube it up good, and I’d let it hang out there for a bit. Each time you add oil, try peeling a little more membrane away from the feathers, and before you know it, he will kick out.

Being behind could have been a cooler spot in the incubator or just chance. Could be it wasn’t meant to hatch, but giving it a chance is always better in my book.

Just proceed slowly and you’re doing great. :)

You are doing fine!
Water dries too fast, so coconut oil or even Vaseline is better than water. Lube it up good, and I’d let it hang out there for a bit. Each time you add oil, try peeling a little more membrane away from the feathers, and before you know it, he will kick out.

Being behind could have been a cooler spot in the incubator or just chance. Could be it wasn’t meant to hatch, but giving it a chance is always better in my book.

Just proceed slowly and you’re doing great. :)
So try peeling some Membrane away doesn't it look Like viens are still there? I've never done this or even seen the viens so I don't know what I'm really looking at. If it starts to bleed do I put something on it? I can see the membrane is definitely pulling away from shell on it.

So try peeling some Membrane away doesn't it look Like viens are still there? I've never done this or even seen the viens so I don't know what I'm really looking at. If it starts to bleed do I put something on it? I can see the membrane is definitely pulling away from shell on it.

I wanted to get a good look at the pics, I just made it to work. :D
Where the membrane is not touching the shell, you can break that shell away across the top, above his head, and oil the membrane. Be careful around the eye and nostrils.
Then you can chip away more shell along the bottom, it will look like he is going to fall out, but he won't until he is ready. If you peel a little more shell from the bottom, and oil the membrane, you might see more blood vessels. Just stop at any blood, hold your finger on it for a few seconds and it should stop. Or add a little Vaseline.
You don't have to tear the membrane, the goal is just to get it un-stuck from the feathers, so it doesn't lock him in.

Watch for "yawning" or chewing motions... this means yolk is still be absorbed and he isn't ready to pop out yet.

Similar to this will give him room to kick out when he is ready.
WP_20180402_07_43_23_Pro.jpg

I wanted to get a good look at the pics, I just made it to work. :D
Where the membrane is not touching the shell, you can break that shell away across the top, above his head, and oil the membrane. Be careful around the eye and nostrils.
Then you can chip away more shell along the bottom, it will look like he is going to fall out, but he won't until he is ready. If you peel a little more shell from the bottom, and oil the membrane, you might see more blood vessels. Just stop at any blood, hold your finger on it for a few seconds and it should stop. Or add a little Vaseline.
You don't have to tear the membrane, the goal is just to get it un-stuck from the feathers, so it doesn't lock him in.

Watch for "yawning" or chewing motions... this means yolk is still be absorbed and he isn't ready to pop out yet.

Similar to this will give him room to kick out when he is ready.
View attachment 1463937
OK I broke where the membrane was pulled down and wet it. I stopped a tiny spot started to bleed. It is opening its mouth here and there. So assuming don't pull the membrane

Back
Top Bottom