Black star rooster???!

I know this has nothing to do with my question of what I posted, but this was just the most sweet and interesting thing I've seen. One of the 5 week old black star pullets is playing broody mommy with our 5 day old pullets. It's just so cute.
17974.jpeg

Cuz actually, it doesn't really look like a black sex link. They usually have the red on the neck, not the wings. Or am I wrong on that? I have 2 black sex link adult hens and they only have it on their neck and head

I think it's a gender-specific thing for black chickens who have one red parent: females get red on the neck & breast, males get red on the wings.

But a male "Black Sexlink" should have white bars on his feathers (that's how the "sexlink" part works), so the black male with red in his wings must be some other cross instead.

I think it's a gender-specific thing for black chickens who have one red parent: females get red on the neck & breast, males get red on the wings.

But a male "Black Sexlink" should have white bars on his feathers (that's how the "sexlink" part works), so the black male with red in his wings must be some other cross instead.
Yes, the males are supposed to almost look like barred rock, but with red on the wings

Cuz actually, it doesn't really look like a black sex link. They usually have the red on the neck, not the wings. Or am I wrong on that? I have 2 black sex link adult hens and they only have it on their neck and head

He does have it on the neck as well lol

Attachments

• 13803A46-098C-4A24-9D3F-C5313481E99B.png
    13803A46-098C-4A24-9D3F-C5313481E99B.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom