Black tar/white liquid poop-hen barely eats! HELP!

DaniLovesChickens

Songster
9 Years
Jul 18, 2010
Michigan
23-week-old ISA. Had impacted crop a couple of weeks ago. Treated with oil for about five days. Still gave her small amounts of wet mash with oil during that time. When crop was clear, I took a few days to get her eating normally and not over-eating. I put her back in with her friends. All seemed fine.
smile.png

She seemed fatigued and just not herself. Her crop felt empty. I watched them for the rest of the day to see if she was being bullied and not able to eat because of that. That doesn't appear to be the problem.

Her crop feels like an air sac. I have separated her. I have tried small amounts of her favorites to see if she is interested in anything. I tried dampened feed, cat food, scrambled eggs (
droolin.gif
her absolute fave), cheese, lettuce/grass. She will sort of peck at the food, but it seems more out of boredom (I know how that is) than hunger. She is hardly consuming anything.
barnie.gif

She has really turned into a sweetheart. I've grown quite attached to my darlin Clementine. I don't know what else to do. I don't know if that type of poop means anything either.

Someone please help me!
fl.gif

Thanks-
Dani

my chickens poop looks same. 2 babys already dead, need to find cure fast, 2 pullets sick same way. cleaned coop, put 7 dust down then, put clean staw, put apple vinger 2 table spoons for 1 gal. still sick, looks like snont coming from beek dont know what to do.

Back
Top Bottom