Bless Their Heart... And Other Southern Sayings

In what context would "Lord love a duck" be used? I think that's my new fav saying.
lol.png

what about "rainin' like a cow peeing on a flat rock" "hotter than two rats (doing it) in a wool sock" "sweatin like a whore in church" "sorrier than a hound that wont hunt" "scareder than a cat in a room full of rockin chairs" and I can go on...

Quote:
Here everyone pulls over to the side of the road and stops for an ambulance or a hearse. It's a respect thing. Also we take our hats off if we see the American flag, a hearse or funeral procession. We had a soldier come home from Afghanistan last year that had died in the war there and there were thousands (And I do mean thousands) of people lining the four lane highway holding their hats in their hands as the procession went by. We had walked the two tenths of a mile from our house to the highway, thought we would be the only ones in our rural area there but almost everyone that lives on our road was there.

We might be backwards in a lot of ways, but I'm still proud to be from the south.

You are so right! I am from Al and we do the same here.

Round here the way to holler across the holler is "hoodehoo"
This thread makes me happier 'n a pig poopin' percimmon seeds.
I reckon I need to go over yonder & get to gettin'
Whoop 'em like a red headed step-child
I'm fartin' like a Mos-Ark mule, but don't fret none.
That youngun's 'bout as sharp as a marble.

I'm one of "em, so they'll be more.

I'm a Kentucky boy, and I took a LOT of teasing when we first moved to Indiana with my y'alls and asking for pokes (bags/sacks) in the stores. Whatever, I love getting Southern women on the telephone when I'm ordering something. Nobody sounds better'n a Southern woman talking.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom