Blind sick chicken found alone in park help

With those symptoms, there is a chance that a highly contagious respiratory disease could be involved, which could potentially infect any preexisting flock permanently so biosecurity is essential.
Thank you for letting me know. I currently have her quarantined and am trying to be really careful

Would this work for saline? It’s all I have on meView attachment 3692263
I think it's OK, maybe check the ingredients to ensure nothing outside basics are in there. If you need to make your own, try this:

You can get some sterile saline eye wash at your drug store or eye meds aisle at most Walmarts, Meyers. To make homemade saline you take 16 ounces of water and add 1 tsp of table salt. Bring it to a boil in a sauce pan, lower to a simmer for 15 minutes. Then cool it and place it in a very clean jar and cover it. Terramycin eye ointment is also good to put into the eye 2-3 times a day.

Are you in a warm climate where there are still mosquitoes? Fowl pox can cause some of the bumps around the face and eyes. A respiratory disease such as coryza may cause swelling of the eyelids and face with a bad odor. MG can cause some of those symptoms as well. I would follow the advice to flush the eyes and apply either Terramycin eye ointment or plain Neosporin to the eyes twice daily. But try to press out any pus that may be around the eye. If you can get some antibiotic, such as SMZ-TMP or sulfadimethoxine I would treat with that. Baytril, Tylosin or others may be good, depending on the organism.

Back
Top Bottom