1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blood coming out of chicken's eye

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by loumaggie, Dec 10, 2011.

1. loumaggie

loumaggie New Egg

Dec 10, 2011
    This morning my chicken seemed fine. This afternoon, I noticed some blood on her crop (she's a white chicken so very noticeable). After my husband and I took some warm soapy water to clean her, we think it is coming from her eye. What could be causing that?

2. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    I don't know what would cause this. Has she been injured? Did one of your other chickens peck her? Perhaps posting a picture of her eye would help others on here figure out what is going on.

3. loumaggie

loumaggie New Egg

Dec 10, 2011
    Not sure how it happened. They are in a contained run so I'm assuming it was either by one of the other chickens or perhaps she injured it jumping off of something. If she is not better in the morning, I will try to post a picture. She is acting totally fine otherwise so I'm hoping it just needs to heal.

4. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by