Blood coming out of chicken's eye

loumaggie

Hatching
8 Years
Dec 10, 2011
This morning my chicken seemed fine. This afternoon, I noticed some blood on her crop (she's a white chicken so very noticeable). After my husband and I took some warm soapy water to clean her, we think it is coming from her eye. What could be causing that?

I don't know what would cause this. Has she been injured? Did one of your other chickens peck her? Perhaps posting a picture of her eye would help others on here figure out what is going on.

Not sure how it happened. They are in a contained run so I'm assuming it was either by one of the other chickens or perhaps she injured it jumping off of something. If she is not better in the morning, I will try to post a picture. She is acting totally fine otherwise so I'm hoping it just needs to heal.

Well I do hope she's better by morning, but if not I'm sure a picture would help. If she has had an eye injury, you might want to try using Terramycin Opthalmic Ointment in her eye for a couple of days, to prevent infection. Here is a link for this product. Some folks use Neosporin instead. Good luck to you with her
smile.png
http://www.tractorsupply.com/pfizer-reg-terramycin-reg-opthalmic-ointment-1-8-oz--2209032

Back
Top Bottom