Blood in coop?

Rachel K

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2024
Does anyone know what this could be, it was in the coop this morning along with a little bit of clear substance. No egg shell anywhere. One of my leghorns has stopped laying, but seems to be acting normal!

Attachments

• 20240322_072641.jpg
    20240322_072641.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240322_072632.jpg
    20240322_072632.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 3
Does anyone know what this could be, it was in the coop this morning along with a little bit of clear substance. No egg shell anywhere. One of my leghorns has stopped laying, but seems to be acting normal!
Welcome to BYC! :frow

That looks more like intestinal shedding than blood.

How old is your Leghorn? How long since she stopped laying? Since her behavior is normal there is no cause for alarm and breaks are normal, but still may be worth discussing.

Welcome to BYC. Can you cut that in half? It may be a lash egg, a product of salpingitis or inflammation of the oviduct. If it is poop, I agree that it may be intestinal shed.

Welcome to BYC! :frow

That looks more like intestinal shedding than blood.

How old is your Leghorn? How long since she stopped laying? Since her behavior is normal there is no cause for alarm and breaks are normal, but still may be worth discussing.
She just turned 1. Probably a couple of weeks since she last laid. But I do have 2 leghorns so it is impossible to know for sure. All the other hens are laying normally.

Back
Top Bottom