Blood or intestine shedding?

kz618

Hatching
Mar 1, 2016
I found at least four poops that are this reddish/orange color. I'm inclined to say it's intestine shedding, but I only have four pullets, all around a week old. Seems like a lot. All are on medicated food, all are eating and acting normally :/
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

I found at least four poops that are this reddish/orange color. I'm inclined to say it's intestine shedding, but I only have four pullets, all around a week old. Seems like a lot. All are on medicated food, all are eating and acting normally
hmm.png
I don't really know what the reason for chicks pooping reddish orangish color poop. But some will poop that and be fine.
Hopefully someone will respond with a better answer than mine.
BCP

Thank you for your answer, it does seem normal but the color is off. It's not liquid at all. I did give them a "chick stick" hanging treat that has rust colored flecks of something......I just don't want to treat for cocci if it's not needed...another view:

Week old chicks don't generally suffer from cocci, but the last pic looks like blood. Is there any way to get a sample of their droppings tested at your vet on the AM? How do the chicks act? If you have any doubts, go ahead, and get some Corid to treat for possible coccidiosis. Dosage is 1/2 tsp of Corid powder to a quart of water for 5 days.

Back
Top Bottom