Bloody Carnivours!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Pringle_Sussex, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Pringle_Sussex

Pringle_Sussex Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Australia
    My chickens like scraps from the kitchens...
    When i close at work on the weekends i sometimes get to take home wraps and foccaicas that didn't sell that day (if i didn't they end up in the bin)
    and they normally consist of either chicken, beef or turkey....

i've raised chickens for 5 yrs now and i've realised.... darn they just love their meat!

Does anyone else feed their chickens meat?

2. chrissieg

chrissieg Chillin' With My Peeps

Ooooooh yesss! I never waste any meat (just the way I've been brought up, it all goes for soup), but I do have a neighbour who chucks out loads and passes it on. I boil it up with the vegetable peelings. I put in nettles as well and they just love it. They have ham tomorrow!!
    I try to pick up any bones when I shut them up not to encourage foxes.[​IMG]

3. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Mine love meat as well... it's so funny cause when they have a piece in their mouth they go around growling... running from the other chickens [​IMG]
    Miriam

4. Pringle_Sussex

Pringle_Sussex Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Australia
    [​IMG] thats so kewl to hear that other chickens get to eat meat as well.. though i find it kinda funny when i give them like leftover "cooked chicken"and they like fight over it... i normally say...
    "YOU'RE EATING YOUR COUSIN!!!" [​IMG]

5. homechick

homechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2007
    Mineola, Tx
    Man it seems just WRONG... but my grandmother did it and if yall say it's okay... why not? I waste a lot of meat otherwise.
    I wonder how people taste? Ha ha. Just kidding just kidding. Sick humor.

6. loveladyp

loveladyp Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2007
    Hamilton, VA
    Homechick, I bet people taste like chicken, everything else does.

[​IMG]

7. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

Well chickens are omnivores, and they really take the "omni" to heart! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by