Bloody coop!! - Help

k5crew

Chirping
Apr 27, 2015
Kingsland, Texas
i was greeted by what looks like a massacre in my chicken coop this morning. It is from the stool on 3-4 chickens. They are eating and drinking fine, running around their area like nothing is new. Lately we have had a lot of rain and conditions outside have been damp. Coop is dry, not perfect but not filthy. This group has 12 birds. Please give me input!!! I'm not sure where to go with this mess!!!

Thank you for your help. I put my hens and roo on Sulmet and my babies (who are unaffected) on Corrid. For the babies it is as a precaution. Look like 4 birds out of 12 are sick so my best guess is that they got into something during free range , possibly trash??? I scrubbed the coop with vinegar and soap before letting them back in last night.

Guess I'll finally try to blowout some eggs.
1f62b.png

Coccidiosis is not caused by chickens eating something out of the trash. It is a protozoa that is naturally present iin their intestines all of the time. It is also present in the environment.

Coccidia cause illness when chickens become stressed and the ptotozoa multiply like crazy until the chicken becomes sick.

Corid suppresses the Thiamine in the chickens system which kills the coccidia.

By trash I meant their waste that had become trash. I have several birds that will try to peck through the trash bags to get to the litter I clean out of their houses.

I lost one of my girls. She went down fast. Others are finally turning around. No blood today when I opened the coop. My two sickest are a little more perky.

Praying I beat these tiny Protozoa and that the never return.

Back
Top Bottom