is lining in the stools normal after treatment for coccidiosis?

Island Chicken Mom

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2023
Greetings!

About 12 days ago we began treatment for coccidiosis within our flock with 'corid'. It seems everyone has responded to the treatment well. Apart from one of the younger ones, about 7 weeks old. She has been passing a stool each morning that appears to be intestinal lining. It is light pink and a little stringy, but not like a worm if that makes sense, more so like snot. She only passes one stool like this in a day, and always in the morning. During treatment her stools where a little bloody, yet became very healthy until about 3 days ago- where this morning poo has been questionable.

My question is... Is this normal? I do understand that cocci attacks the intestinal lining of the chicken. And that the lining apparently regenerates, like a snake shedding its skin. Im not sure if the lining in the stool is normal after facing this parasite. Also, I am questioning myself if the treatment worked?

I did 2 tablespoons in a gallon water as their drinking water for 8 days along with 1ml (per pound of their weight) for the first 5 days. Just because I never saw them drink their water (which I have been watching them like a hawk over these pass few days).

Thank you for any feed back!

Basically, is the lining in the stools normal after this parasite?

xoxo

The one chick may have had a little damage that is causing the pink stringy intestinal shed. Is she eating and drinking, and acting normally? If so, I would not be too worried. I would not give any extras in her diet (herbs, etc) but only chick feed and water. You also can give a little tsp of plain yogurt for probiotics.

When dosing extra undiluted Corid, the dosage is only 0.1 ml per pound once or twice a day as a boost.

The one chick may have had a little damage that is causing the pink stringy intestinal shed. Is she eating and drinking, and acting normally? If so, I would not be too worried. I would not give any extras in her diet (herbs, etc) but only chick feed and water. You also can give a little tsp of plain yogurt for probiotics.

When dosing extra undiluted Corid, the dosage is only 0.1 ml per pound once or twice a day as a boost.
She is acting normal, eating, drinking, running around. Stools are healthy the rest of the day.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom