Bloody diarrhea on 3month old pullet

And no other food than dry chick crumble or dry oatmeal to make her thirsty and thus drink more of the medicated water.

I hope she will be fine within a few days.
I am not sure of the content of her feed crumble. As i bought them regularly per kilo repack. But it is a mix of integra 1000 and integra 2000.
I really hope for her fast recovery and healing.

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 4
  • images (3).jpeg
    images (3).jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 3
I am not sure of the content of her feed crumble. As i bought them regularly per kilo repack. But it is a mix of integra 1000 and integra 2000.
I really hope for her fast recovery and healing.
Sounds good to me, just make sure it is not too old/off, as artificial vitamins lose their effectiveness with time. 6 months would be old already

Last edited:
I would give the Bactrim or SMZ-TMP orally twice a day, instead of in the water. Dosage is 1/4 of a 400 mg tablet twice daily. That way the water does not have to be medicated, and she would get the correct dose. You could try giving it in a little cream cheese or inside a piece of a sausage.

Sounds good to me, just make sure it is not too old/off, as artificial vitamins lose their effectiveness with time. 6 months would be old already
Thank you. I am afraid i cannot determine the age of the feed. But i change their feed twice daily making sure no spoilage.

I would give the Bactrim or SMZ-TMP orally twice a day, instead of in the water. Dosage is 1/4 of a 400 mg tablet twice daily. That way the water does not have to be medicated, and she would get the correct dose. You could try giving it in a little cream cheese or inside a piece of a sausage.
Thank you. Will look for Bactrim today. Hope she'll recover fast.

She seems to become light, est to be only half a kilo... still looking for the Bactrim, as drug store said there is none on them. her stool today:

Attachments

• 20210514_100704.jpg
    20210514_100704.jpg
    637.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210514_100716.jpg
    20210514_100716.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 2
Trimethoprim+sulfa is the same thing as Bactrim or Smz-tmp.
I'm so disappointed at my place. Have already searched everywhere for the trimethoprim+sulfamethoxazole, only one drugstore have but it is too big for my chicken their available concentration is 960mg. ☹ can you help me is there anything else i can do?

Please help!!

Today is the 5th day of her trimethoprim+sulfamethoxazole. She has improved in terms majority of her stools are without blood, sometimes still watery, sometimes formed. I don't know if i should extend it as long as she is not constantly having normal stool or should i stop the tmps? Please help.....

Back
Top Bottom