Bloody stool AFTER corrid treatment

Nikm

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2022
Been dealing with something real nasty going on with my birds. I’ve lost about 5 birds already. Already treated with corrid, now giving them some vitamin supplements. Today, one of my favorites just dropped the dreaded bloody poop. I can’t figure it out. I JUST finished a corrid treatment, shouldn’t that have cured it? I’m just at a loss at what to do, I don’t want to lose any more birds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

So sorry for your losses. :hugs

There are diffrent medicines that work better against more serious strains of coccida which require different medications which I will leave to the experts. For the moment I would continue with your current treatment as it won't hurt. Best wishes.

Do NOT give any vitamin supplements containing thiamine while using Corid or any other medication when treating for coccidiosis.

You're going to have to purchase either Toltrazuril or SMZ-TMP to save your remaining birds.
Here's a link: Follow the directions on the package. I also recommend that you expedite shipping.
https://allbirdproducts.com/collections/bird-medications/products/endocox-powder

Coccidiosis can damage the bowel, and some types can be resistant to Corid. Sulfa antibiotic or toltrazuril are good to use. If you have a vet locally who will prescribe sulfa Albon or SMZ TMP, or toltrazuril, that would be good. If not, I would order one of those online.

Back
Top Bottom