BLRW joke - now 11 weeks old, is it a boy??! (answer in post #82)

Quote:
wow that's cool!
big_smile.png

How many of you have had birds you were convinced were of one sex but ended up being completely surprised?

Quote:
wow that's cool!
big_smile.png

How many of you have had birds you were convinced were of one sex but ended up being completely surprised?

My BBS Orps kept me guessing for quite a while. I had 1 obvious roo and 2 obvious pullets, then 2 that were in between. I'd flip flop back and forth between thinking they were roosters, then they were pullets. (but mostly I thought they were slow developing roosters) I had myself pretty well settled to roosters, then *poof* at 8 weeks old, they changed so much, that I then knew they were pullets. Sadly, I lost all the pullets but 1 to a predator attack a few days later. I still have 1 splash pullet and 1 splash rooster left.

I think it is safe to say pullet.

I had a Partridge Rock last year. Only one that hatched from shipped eggs. I was sure from day one that it was a roo. Big feet, big comb. Wattles came in early and seemed quite red. Feathers seemed pointed. Raised it up with Ameruacana for comparison. But it ended up being a hen in the long run, even though probability for roo was high and I was convinced it couldn't be a pullet.
hmm.png

I don't know what some of the above posters are seeing, but there is no pea comb on that bird. That is the start of a rose comb. All of my Wyandottes from this year look just like that.

Back
Top Bottom