Blue Cayuga?

They are just like black cayugas but blue in color.
You have to remember typical blue breeding. Black to blue will produce black and blue. Blue to blue will produce black, blue and silver. Blue to silver will produce blue and silver. And silver to silver will produce all silvers.

I know a breeder in Mass as well as Dave Holderread on the other coast.
From my understanding Dave has worked on them for years and it started as a mutation where blue was a mutation of the black. All it takes is 1 and then you can continue breeding them.
There are also chocolate cayugas but they are much much more rare.

They are just like black cayugas but blue in color.
You have to remember typical blue breeding. Black to blue will produce black and blue. Blue to blue will produce black, blue and silver. Blue to silver will produce blue and silver. And silver to silver will produce all silvers.

I know a breeder in Mass as well as Dave Holderread on the other coast.
From my understanding Dave has worked on them for years and it started as a mutation where blue was a mutation of the black. All it takes is 1 and then you can continue breeding them.
There are also chocolate cayugas but they are much much more rare.
I have a breeder friend whom I get my cayugas from. She has 2 blue cayuga ducks, I will be getting one from her, and her two blue cayuga came from a black to black cayuga breeding. She told me the only person she knows lives out West Wisconsin I think she said. I wanted to know more about them before I go on impulse and purchase the blue cayuga.

Back
Top Bottom