blue-coat on my hands, sweater, and very bestest jacket! Help!

RedheadErin

Songster
8 Years
Nov 30, 2011
I had no idea it would be so bad. I actually took the jacket off and put it aside, but the overspray still got to it. It is one of those nice Columbia jacket systems with the zip-out lining that turns into another coat--I'd hate to mess it up.

How do I get this stuff out of my hands and clothes? HELP!

Try Rit Color out... It worked when I Kool-Aided my favorite sweater....
hu.gif

Its very easy to get off your skin. Rubbing Alcohol works wonders on things like that and sharpie. Many years of taking the X off my underage hand at bars. Lotion works just as well too.
big_smile.png

Good luck on the sweater. I never got it out of my fav shirt.

hairspray and windex got the hair dye out of my coral coloured hoodie.... auburn hair dye
roll.png

it was fully dried before i noticed it

Look for a product near the Rit Dye called Stain Devil. They make one labeled for Ink that takes out stains I never thought would come out like sharpie and such
fl.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I soaked it in SHOUT ultra-power gel or something like that while the stain was still wet and rubbed it really hard. I did this every day or two for a week, and washed.
wee.gif
The jacket looks better than before!

THe sweater came out OK, but my hands... My first instinct was to scrub them til they were raw--OW! I wear acrylic nails, and the purple got under the edges of them. No getting that out. If it looked owrse, I'd jsut paint over them, but its pretty faint.

But in case anybody ever asks, the trick to getting Blu-Cote out of your yellow and white jacket is....SHOUT IT OUT! (Accompaniment by some actual shouting soesnt seem to hurt, either.
barnie.gif
:barnie)

Back
Top Bottom