Blue Copper Maran x Cream Legbar… roo?

chrissy528

Chirping
Apr 5, 2023
Famous old question. This is my first of each of these breeds and I see the components of each but it’s throwing me off on identifying if this is a roo or not… can anyone please help? 3.5 mo the old. Behavior is all pullet. Very skittish, way to much fluffy but to be a too… no hackle feathers but the tail feathers are going through an awkward stage and that comb and those wattles are making me lose sleep at night 🤣… no crowing. Trying to find voice lately but even that is more like a honk squak… definitely no crowing whatsoever. I’ve read one of the breeds the pullets can have big comb and wattles.. other wise very docile and calm. Doesn’t walk proud at all. Really squatty. I’m so torn lol please help! I think she may just be hormonally mature and I’m in Az and it’s really hot here so I think that is impacting color but I need some guidance to get out of my head. 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_8840.jpeg
    IMG_8840.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8841.jpeg
    IMG_8841.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8838.jpeg
    IMG_8838.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Cockerel. The male hackle and saddle feathers are starting to come in.
There’s no hackle feathers. I’ve sifted through. Where are you seeing them so I know what to look for? I have a roo and his are distinct. Maybe the barring is throwing me off.

They aren’t sharpe points though. None of them.. I thought that also but when I went through them they’re rounded. I compared it to my hens and they have them too.
They won't be completely round. The color is also the same as that of a male barred bird. Can you tell?
1686966974880.png

1686967116508.png

1686967155067.png

The other way you can tell it's a cockerel is the comb and wattle size.

Back
Top Bottom