Blue copper marans

Ours is a youngin.. not sure on his exact age but just starting to mature. (I will post a pic.. thinking he's about 6 months?) I have him running with 9 older hens. He was def not "babied" as a chick at all! Only real contact he had was at feeding/watering/sorting time.. and he was running with 3 of his brothers. The day we got him, he did poof up at hubby who was sitting in a chair next to his new gals.. hubby stood up and banged a stick on the ground and he backed right now.. since then, he has been a total dream and has never tried it again! A total gentleman to the ladies and shows NO dominance/aggression to us! When I pick up one of his ladies, he does come and check it out but not with aggression. Only issue we have had really.. and it isn't really an issue.. lol.. is that he tried to bring his ladies into the house 3 times today.. but the second he saw me he knew he was in the wrong,.. but it did take 3 times! LOL I didn't want an overly friendly roo (not aggressive either though) as 1) I need a good protector as we free range and have lots of predators and 2) I have read the babied ones are more likely to turn on you with the whole dominance thing. I have two small boys and can not have that! I know he is a perfect fit to our flock!
Here is our B-Clux (my 18yr old named him in hopes he'd live up to his name.. lol)

Back
Top Bottom