Blue Double Laced Barnevelders - Does anyone have birds or pictures?

Freebird1st

Chirping
13 Years
Mar 28, 2009
Mid TN
I have read that they exist but I cannot find any pics or significant information on this breed.
Can someone please help me find more info or pictures?
I've worked Google hard to no avail.

Much Thanks.

Ive never heard of such a chicken breed. I do appreciate the Barnevelder chickens but unfortunately I am currently unable to carry them yet. Let me know what you do find out about them. Where did you hear about this awesome chicken variety? I love genetic diversity and all the awesome different chicken breeds.

When I have a farm I am definitely going to carry the barnevelders.

Mercy...purelypoultry, I've been reading stuff all over the net on the Barnies and have heard the blues mentioned in only a few different places. None of which I could get ore info from.
But I have a passion for the blue in any animal and just have to know more about them.

Quote:
I'm beginning to think they may only be in Europe. Are there none in the US? I would still like to find a better pic of them. Something with more detail.

http://home.tiscali.nl/storingsmaker/Blauw.htm

blaudoppelhenne.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
WOW, Beautiful birds!
Thanks so much Henk69 for the links.
I really appreciate your help!

These are much like the Blue Laced Red Wyandottes which I have in the incubator right now.
I especially like the roosters!
Does anyone know if the Blue Laced Barnevelder can be found in the states or not?

Fancy Fowl USA has a current article in their May issue on Barnevelders. They have pictures of the Blue double laced Barnevelders. I don't think there are any in the US. I think they are beautiful and would love to have some.

Thanks for the heads-up TLS.
Unfortunately Fancy Fowl is a little too rich for me right now.
Guess I still can't help thinking about how many eggs I could purchase for the price of the sub.
smile.png

Maybe next month I can get it online. This month is still for April.
I would love to find out what crosses were used to come up with these colors. I might attempt to breed my own. I think they would be even nicer in real life.
For now I'm enjoying my eight BLRW's very much. They're very similar in colors and we just love them!

Back
Top Bottom