Looking for pics of Blue Laced Barnevelders

Fluster Cluck Acres

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Mar 26, 2020
Frederick, MD
A feed store near me is getting blue Laced Barnevelders in April. I did not even know this color variety existed (thought it was a typo- quick google search shows that it’s a real variety).

If you have some, I’d love to see pics- particularly of adult hens. Thanks!

Mageetah... She's beautiful especially in the sun, sometimes I see purple... 💜💙 But wow is she shy.... Pretty much a loner...
IMG_E8337.JPG

She's just a pullet in this picture, not laying yet, but indeed she came from Privett as a Blue Laced Barnevelder. I'm starting to wonder if they sent a regular Barnevelder now that you mention it, wow....... :idunno
Oh, huh. That's interesting. She does look like a regular one to me. Though I know most blue breeds come in blue, black, and splash. Maybe yours is just a black one if that's the case with barnevelders too.

Looks like blue in barnevelders is the same as Andalusian blue. So breeding blue to blue would result in 50% blue, 25% splash, and 25% black.

@SandyRiverChick sometimes blue can be so dark that it looks black, but blue doesn't have the iridescent sheen like black does. I'd say your beautiful girl is a black BBS laced barnevelder.

Looks like blue in barnevelders is the same as Andalusian blue. So breeding blue to blue would result in 50% blue, 25% splash, and 25% black.

@SandyRiverChick sometimes blue can be so dark that it looks black, but blue doesn't have the iridescent sheen like black does. I'd say your beautiful girl is a black BBS laced barnevelder.
Good to know, thanks!

Would love to see some pics too! I've got 1 Blue Laced Barnevelder coming from Privett in May and would love to know what others have looked like! Their website has like a single photo.

Back
Top Bottom