Blue eyed Lavender Orpington??

HonaHelp

Songster
Feb 3, 2017
Lorain County--Ohio
Hi,
I won a chicken raffle and one lavender orpington pullet was included. She has blue eyes.
Never had
0218181246.jpg
Orpingtons...Svart Honas are my norm. Is this the norm for lavender?...? She is 3 months old. Will they change?

Yes, the eye color can change but it doesn't always change. Blue is not a normal eye color for any breed I know of although green eyes happen in chickens sometimes. Maybe it has something to do with the lavender gene. And lucky you. I can't think of a more suitable breed to win in a raffle since Orpingtons usually get along with everyone and they are very friendly.

Yes, the eye color can change but it doesn't always change. Blue is not a normal eye color for any breed I know of although green eyes happen in chickens sometimes. Maybe it has something to do with the lavender gene. And lucky you. I can't think of a more suitable breed to win in a raffle since Orpingtons usually get along with everyone and they are very friendly.
Blue looks good on her because of her light color..I think. :) She seems very shy, but likes to be held. I hope with the right intro they all can get along.

Back
Top Bottom