Blue Favaucana

Here's my blue Favaucana, front left. I got her mostly because I ordered 2 blue EEs and a blue Ameraucana who unfortunately had to be rehomed when it turned out he was a cockerel. I wanted to be able to tell them apart better.
IMG_1103.JPG

She's very mellow and bigger than the EEs but she started out as the smallest chick and surprisingly she became the flock's alpha early on. She's the hunter of the bunch. Every lizard belongs to her

She has 5 toes and a few feathers on her legs. She lays a very pretty satin finish sage green egg, as I think they all do. Her voice is kind of grating, she sounds like one of Marge Simpson's sisters on laughing gas, and she never shuts up, lol, but I love her.

She's very mellow and bigger than the EEs but she started out as the smallest chick and surprisingly she became the flock's alpha early on.

I too am noticing mine is getting to be good sized. She's 15 weeks and is the same size as my 21 week old wyandottes. I remember one day when I was out visiting with them I picked her up and all I thought was "wow you're heavy" :lol: I couldn't believe the difference in her weight compared to the others that were the same age. This was when they were about 7 or 8 weeks.

Well I would have screwed that up. I read in an old thread they were a cross between a blue ameraucana and a salmon faverolle. What would I get if I used a blue roo (or even a black) on the salmon hens? (I really hate the look of splash!)

If I was to make them I'd use a blue Wheaton Ameraucana rooster over salmon Faverolle hens.
That would give you something with a little more excitement then just a solid color.
Should be pretty close to the salmon color but little darker on the brown parts.
And also same thing but blue where the black is on the hens.
Roosters would be Wheaton pattern but carrying silver and gold so they could be black or blue with so yellowish gold to add a little more to their looks.
Just what I would do to make the cross.
You could also get the Wheaton and blue Wheaton Ameraucana hens. They would breed pure with the blue Wheaton rooster and give you wheaton, blue Wheaton and splash Wheaton chicks.
Then throw in some black and blue copper marans hens and that would give you a black and blue copper marans look with probably less then copper color in the hackles.

I too am noticing mine is getting to be good sized. She's 15 weeks and is the same size as my 21 week old wyandottes. I remember one day when I was out visiting with them I picked her up and all I thought was "wow you're heavy" :lol: I couldn't believe the difference in her weight compared to the others that were the same age. This was when they were about 7 or 8 weeks.
Yeah, mine seems to weigh a ton compared to everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom