Blue/grey indian runner cross

Reba7117

Hatching
Nov 17, 2019
I have a blue/grey indian runner drake and a khaki campbell and rouen females. What will the ducklings look like? Also, I live in southern Utah. Will they be okay outside during the winter?

I have a blue/grey indian runner drake and a khaki campbell and rouen females. What will the ducklings look like? Also, I live in southern Utah. Will they be okay outside during the winter?
Normally you can just do a Google search of "breed a X breed b" and get a result with pictures. Rarely do I not find a mix breed i'm looking for. Top lean more about the breeds and what they can potentially withstand, you might want to go to the review section here and read up about them. The livestock conservancy is also a good place to educate yourself on particular heritage breeds.
https://livestockconservancy.org/index.php/heritage/internal/conservation-priority-list#Ducks

Last edited:
Oh wow..welcome..you’ll meet. Many fabulous people on here and learn so much about all of the birds! As for your ducklings...they will be beautiful!!! Ok..for winter..when will they be born? Are you planning to let her hatch them or are you? If you are caring for them then the answers are much simpler and pertaining to heat lamps and so forth...if not you’ll need to ask someone who’s done that in that winter...if @Miss Lydia hasnt..she’ll know who has I bet...and boy d we want pictures!!

Oh wow..welcome..you’ll meet. Many fabulous people on here and learn so much about all of the birds! As for your ducklings...they will be beautiful!!! Ok..for winter..when will they be born? Are you planning to let her hatch them or are you? If you are caring for them then the answers are much simpler and pertaining to heat lamps and so forth...if not you’ll need to ask someone who’s done that in that winter...if @Miss Lydia hasnt..she’ll know who has I bet...and boy d we want pictures!!

They will hatch around the end of December and I had planned on letting her hatch them
Ok..that’s pretty cold..they would definitely need a very good duck house/barn...etc...lots of straw..ventilation I’m sure you already know that though...I would ask @misslydia

Back
Top Bottom