Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I would say they are too young to tell you can either tell when they are first born by wing sexing or when they are about ten weeks. And well I'm not that experienced but I have wing sexed with good accuracy and it's pretty clear when at ten weeks... :)

This is them at 3 days old.... I read different this long feather short feather , two layers so I gave up on trying to feather sex . Not brave enough to vent sex either at 1 day.

5 weeks old , shall we play cockerel or pullet? Their waddles are just starting to develope and I am sooo hopeful for two pullets or at the very least one. I am a new chicken owner so I'm terrible at this.

Looks like 2 pullets to me

Another pic of each
yeah, 2 girls

I would say they are too young to tell you can either tell when they are first born by wing sexing or when they are about ten weeks. And well I'm not that experienced but I have wing sexed with good accuracy and it's pretty clear when at ten weeks...
smile.png
BLRW are not wing sexable, that only applies to certain breeds which have been bred for that trait

yeah, 2 girls

BLRW are not wing sexable, that only applies to certain breeds which have been bred for that trait

Thanks :) I hope so! I'll post more pics later too as they continue to grow.... I had also read the blrws can't be feather sexed . Sometimes I feel one of them carries their body a little taller more like a cockerel and the other stays lower to the ground , but again I have nothing to base that opinion off of as I've never owner a rooster or hen before. Thanks again :)

5 weeks old , shall we play cockerel or pullet? Their waddles are just starting to develope and I am sooo hopeful for two pullets or at the very least one. I am a new chicken owner so I'm terrible at this.
Another pic of each
yeah, 2 girls
I would say they are too young to tell you can either tell when they are first born by wing sexing or when they are about ten weeks. And well I'm not that experienced but I have wing sexed with good accuracy and it's pretty clear when at ten weeks... :)
thanks I didn't know that

Looking for a very good quality BLRW roo born before Jan 2014, Foley lines. Am willing to do some traveling if need be to get it! Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, mine have been feather sexable quite easily this year. I have Foley lines so not sure about others.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom