Blue Plymoth Rocks??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by silverByrd, Oct 28, 2009.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    This is the Blue Rock I had...she was beautiful. Lost her last year I believe.

[​IMG]

2. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Quote:I see yellow, slate/black & possibly willow legs in this picture. Which one is right?
    [I'll give you a hint, it's yellow]

3. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Quote:She has poor Rock type, poor Blue colour & the wrong leg colour.

4. ERnoleGuy

ERnoleGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2009
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    I too have a Blue Plymouth Rock that I got at 5 months old from Halo (back in July)... who's screen name on here is now ~SunSetsWest~ I believe by the way. She was a great person to deal with, and I got some excellent, beautiful birds from her. I got two Ameraucanas from her too.

EDIT: ~SunSetsWest~ is a different person I think now that I remember. But none the less, got a great Blue Rock from her. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    repeated post....URL error popped up.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln

I agree she did not have the true blue color like her parents did, despite of the dark blue flecks thru her backside. I dont know of the type but she took more after the Orp type than a rock. I thought her legs should be of slate or black, are they supposed to be yellow?

This pullet came from the same lines as Halo's original stock.

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN

I agree she did not have the true blue color like her parents did, despite of the dark blue flecks thru her backside. I dont know of the type but she took more after the Orp type than a rock. I thought her legs should be of slate or black, are they supposed to be yellow?

This pullet came from the same lines as Halo's original stock.

She does look a bit Orp like, but she was pretty! My BBS Orps don't have white legs- does that mean they're wrong too?
    I thought there was an exception to leg color when you get into BBS. [​IMG]

8. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Are they friendly, non-agressive birds? The roo's to?

9. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    My Black Roo from Halo's lines is a darling, I can cuddle him. And my hen from her is a sweetheart. Heck, Armageddon was soooo sweet and quiet for so long, I thought he was a hen til the day he threw sharp hackles and saddle feathers and decided to crow! It happened all overnight. I love those birds so much I ordered MORE eggs this year. I need another pullet or few for Army. The blues are just gorgeous. And slate or black legs are correct for blue rocks, not yellow.

10. silkie33

silkie33 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    Carthage,N.Y.
    I should not have posted pictures of my blues under breeds,genetics and showing. They are not show or breed to the standard. They are however much loved and enjoyed by me. I dont care what color their legs are the eggs still taste the same.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by