Blue Plymoth Rocks??

This is the Blue Rock I had...she was beautiful. Lost her last year I believe.

DSCF0384.jpg

Quote:
I see yellow, slate/black & possibly willow legs in this picture. Which one is right?
[I'll give you a hint, it's yellow]

I too have a Blue Plymouth Rock that I got at 5 months old from Halo (back in July)... who's screen name on here is now ~SunSetsWest~ I believe by the way. She was a great person to deal with, and I got some excellent, beautiful birds from her. I got two Ameraucanas from her too.

EDIT: ~SunSetsWest~ is a different person I think now that I remember. But none the less, got a great Blue Rock from her.
big_smile.png

8-14-09%20026.jpg

P8210031.JPG

Chickens%20037.JPG

Last edited:
Quote:
She has poor Rock type, poor Blue colour & the wrong leg colour.

I agree she did not have the true blue color like her parents did, despite of the dark blue flecks thru her backside. I dont know of the type but she took more after the Orp type than a rock. I thought her legs should be of slate or black, are they supposed to be yellow?

This pullet came from the same lines as Halo's original stock.

Quote:
She has poor Rock type, poor Blue colour & the wrong leg colour.

I agree she did not have the true blue color like her parents did, despite of the dark blue flecks thru her backside. I dont know of the type but she took more after the Orp type than a rock. I thought her legs should be of slate or black, are they supposed to be yellow?

This pullet came from the same lines as Halo's original stock.

She does look a bit Orp like, but she was pretty! My BBS Orps don't have white legs- does that mean they're wrong too?
I thought there was an exception to leg color when you get into BBS.
idunno.gif

My Black Roo from Halo's lines is a darling, I can cuddle him. And my hen from her is a sweetheart. Heck, Armageddon was soooo sweet and quiet for so long, I thought he was a hen til the day he threw sharp hackles and saddle feathers and decided to crow! It happened all overnight. I love those birds so much I ordered MORE eggs this year. I need another pullet or few for Army. The blues are just gorgeous. And slate or black legs are correct for blue rocks, not yellow.

I should not have posted pictures of my blues under breeds,genetics and showing. They are not show or breed to the standard. They are however much loved and enjoyed by me. I dont care what color their legs are the eggs still taste the same.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom